While authentic rustic style gives you a cabin in the woods feel, country style leans toward the rustic but is all about the shabby chic feel. Pastel colors, painted wooden furniture, patterned tiles, textured walls, free standing tubs; a comfortable, laid-back and cozy bathroom is the goal.
If you are looking for inspiration to design a country styled bathroom, here are some tips:
- Floor: Stone or hand polished wooden floors are the go to material of choice.
- Wall: Use paint and add texture with simple faux painting techniques like fresco or sponging. The colors can range from white, pastels to earth tones, light blue or green, anything light, airy and cozy works well in a country bathroom. A board and batten wall cladding is also a typical country design feature.
- Vanity: Simple wooden cabinets, typically with a painted worn shabby chic look. You can make this a DIY project. Paint a wooden cabinet, rub the paint off and apply uneven wood stains once the cabinet is dry. This will give you a country style weathered vanity. If you just want to buy a country style vanity, look for something like this shaker style bathroom vanity or this beautiful antique finish single sink bathroom vanity
- Vanity Mirror: Complete the look for your vanity area with this stunning Trevian oval antique mirror or this enchanting Ariana rectangular antique gold smoked vanity mirror
- Tub: A free standing tub is typical in a country styled bathroom. Stay true to your design theme and get a free standing tub with painted claw or ball feet preferably white.
- Accessories: Brushed nickel or chrome is the best finish choice for accessories in a country bathroom. While brass accessories are authentic and true to style, they are difficult to polish and maintain. Use wicker baskets for dirty laundry. If you have the space, add a wicker chair next to your vanity. If you are in a mood to get fancy, place a Persian rug at the foot of your tub and throw a handmade quilt on the wicker chair.
Finally, bring in warmth with a vase of fresh wild flowers and stack some plain white towels to complete the look!
This post was brought to you by UniqueVanities.com and UniqueMirrorsOnline.com, where you can find huge bathroom vanities and perfect bathroom mirrors.